What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad....but

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 1st gen iPad and still love it. (I'm a convert from Windows to Apple and loving it!) I am wanting to get the New iPad, but I am not sure how to get my information from the first gen iPad to the New iPad. I am the president of a small veterans organization and have a database of our (300+) membership. Not too worried about some of the other apps, but there are a CPU
Le that are very important. Now, keep in mind I am an old guy, so if someone could put it in real easy terms on how I could do this, I would be very happy.

Thanks so much for any help with this (likely) minor problem....

gmotdot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backup your original iPad to your PC or Mac, then restore the new iPad with the backup. Done.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have the option I would recommend you seek the help of an apple store. They will help you set up the new iPad when you buy it including transferring everything from the old one. And they will help you with setting up a backup of your important database so you don't lose it if you lose your iPad.

If there is no apple store nearby then many others sales channels also offer help buy they will not do as good a job.

Last edited:

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did it the way gmotmot said it in his first post, from a series 1/16GB to a series 3/64GB--painless.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gmotdot said:
Backup your original iPad to your PC or Mac, then restore the new iPad with the backup. Done.

This. The iCloud backup/restore process takes longer because instead of tranferring your apps it re-downloads them. That is fine for an emergency but I wouldn't do it that way if I had a better option.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iCloud worked incredibly well!! Thanks so much for all the replies, as they were all very helpful!

Most reactions

Latest posts