What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New excel for iPad

Rick88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Rick and I am new to this forum. I have had my ipad 2 for about a year and a half now and love it. I feel lost if I leave home without it most times. My question is, can you create or upload created excel files that contain macros into the new Microsoft office for the iPad? I have downloaded it but do not want to subscribe to the office 365 if excel won't do what I need it to on the iPad. Any ideas, info, or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What little I've read on the subject says no, no macros.

It should be possible to use macros with CloudOn. This service runs full desktop versions of Office on a remote server. The downside is that you'll need a solid internet connection, have to put up with an inferior (for tablets) UI, and possible a bit of lag.

Last I checked CloudOn was free for the basic apps. You'll also need a DropBox or Box account to transfer files to/from the service.

OnLive offers a similar product. Or it did last time I looked, which was some while ago.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I have Numbers, I use Excel. I am just used to it.
Does Numbers have Macros? I use Macros a lot.

:rolleyes:

OP
R

Rick88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded Cloudon but haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I did notice however when I opened a blank spreadsheet and clicked on the sheet 1 tab, it was not highlighting the "view code" as one that could be selected. That is where I would inr ally enter my VBA code, do you happen to know if that is only available on Cloudon Pro?
Thanks,
Rick

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. I've got no idea of how to actually use CloudOn. All my information on it is third hand. I'm not even 100% certain it will do macros. It was just the solution most likely to work; and I seem to remember someone saying it could be done.

You might try their website and see if there are any tutorials or a way to ask questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts