What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New but a tech geek

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new here. I have been using computer since 1991 and I can tell that I have become addicted to using it. I remember the DOS and the various applications that came with it. Then the Windows. That too had many things especially the GUI. Many of the people who are claiming to be Tech Geek now were still kids. My little boy, Harold, I remember would climb over my shoulder to key in some things using the computer then. Now he is a guru on blackberry and web design. I can remember how many laptops/notebooks I have owned. As for the printers, I have used many. Right now, even in retirement, I have 2 heavy duty printers doing nothing but to assist in desktop publishing of the prototype of my books. By the way, I have written many books on Computer and ICT but I keep telling those who care to listen that I am still learning.

The quest to learn drove me to purchase my iPod in 2008. I wanted to have a feel of Apple and its monopoly. Here I am not writing about the monopoly Apple put on my iPad screen which I had to pay for. The way they protect their trade and make others shiver is very strange. In quick succession I have bought the 3 types of iPad. I am also tempted to be thinking of the new one the iPad 2. I will surely do because I need to write about it.

In defence of Apple or in deviant of it, no single tech has affected the globe more than its product especially the iPad 2. iPad classic is so good because of its battery life. In my part of the world, power supply may be erratic; the 10 hr battery life makes up for this in some situation. As I write this, many people are on long queues all over Nigeria to elect some people who will be in National Assembly. Many of the correspondents, observers, government officials, reporters and newsreaders are holding the iPad. So, the Apple has it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new here. I have been using computer since 1991 and I can tell that I have become addicted to using it. I remember the DOS and the various applications that came with it. Then the Windows. That too had many things especially the GUI. Many of the people who are claiming to be Tech Geek now were still kids. My little boy, Harold, I remember would climb over my shoulder to key in some things using the computer then. Now he is a guru on blackberry and web design. I can remember how many laptops/notebooks I have owned. As for the printers, I have used many. Right now, even in retirement, I have 2 heavy duty printers doing nothing but to assist in desktop publishing of the prototype of my books. By the way, I have written many books on Computer and ICT but I keep telling those who care to listen that I am still learning.

The quest to learn drove me to purchase my iPod in 2008. I wanted to have a feel of Apple and its monopoly. Here I am not writing about the monopoly Apple put on my iPad screen which I had to pay for. The way they protect their trade and make others shiver is very strange. In quick succession I have bought the 3 types of iPad. I am also tempted to be thinking of the new one the iPad 2. I will surely do because I need to write about it.

In defence of Apple or in deviant of it, no single tech has affected the globe more than its product especially the iPad 2. iPad classic is so good because of its battery life. In my part of the world, power supply may be erratic; the 10 hr battery life makes up for this in some situation. As I write this, many people are on long queues all over Nigeria to elect some people who will be in National Assembly. Many of the correspondents, observers, government officials, reporters and newsreaders are holding the iPad. So, the Apple has it.

Welcome and thanks for your very interesting post. Ah - the days of DOS - and even earlier. I remember with fondness the old Motorola 6800 D1 evaluation kits - installing a massive 16 KB static RAM card and loading Basic via an ASR-33 teletype paper tape reader.

Data General Nova mini-computers without the boot-loader ROM where you had to key the boot loader in each time you wanted to restart the machine.

The Commodore PET.....

OK - time to get real!!

I hope you enjoy it here - I note you are from the UK - are you there right now (I noted your comment about Nigeria). If you are in the UK, then you're hopefully enjoying the same sunny weather as we have up here in Scotland at the moment.

Tim

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

Welcome and thanks for your very interesting post. Ah - the days of DOS - and even earlier. I remember with fondness the old Motorola 6800 D1 evaluation kits - installing a massive 16 KB static RAM card and loading Basic via an ASR-33 teletype paper tape reader.

Data General Nova mini-computers without the boot-loader ROM where you had to key the boot loader in each time you wanted to restart the machine.

The Commodore PET.....

OK - time to get real!!

I hope you enjoy it here - I note you are from the UK - are you there right now (I noted your comment about Nigeria). If you are in the UK, then you're hopefully enjoying the same sunny weather as we have up here in Scotland at the moment.

Tim

The Commodore 64 is back....

Commodore 64: Welcome Back, Old Friend - Digits - WSJ

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.
Yes I am in in Nigeria to witness the election.

The Commodore PET.....

OK - time to get real!!

Tim

Most reactions