What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apple App Store Legal Agreement

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just noticed that my app store icon was showing two updates to download. I was surprised that I had to enter credit card info again and sign a legal agreement to complete these free downloads.

When I began to read the legal agreement, I noticed that it was35 PAGES LONG!!!

Has anyone read all 35 pages of this crap?

It reminds me a bit of why I left the Mac world many years ago after being a diehard fan for many years. Quite an unpkeasant reawakening!

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I "should" read them.. I've probably sold my soul 3 times over now...

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Exactly, they all say the same crap. We all know what there about anways and we don't want to sit there wasting an hour or so reading through lengthy conditions, so to put it simple... click "Accept" :)

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly, they all say the same crap.

You should go to the App Store and read some critical comments on EverNote. I never read that legal jazz either, but the comments of some people who do read it stopped me from buying EverNote.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They usually boil down to two oddly opposed statements:

1. This software is very valuable and any attempt to copy it or steal it will bring about extreme legal consequences.
  2. If for any reason you lose personal data or are damaged by our software it is completely useless and we can't imagine why you would use it for something important.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts