What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix on the iPad!

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So how will this work on an iPad, will it download to the ipad or will it stream.. We have a slow connection at home and watching video at 6-10 in the evening is not a happy time.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My guess is that it will stream only. That's how all of their currently 'watch now' movies work. We just got the disk for the wii and it streams. I don't think they would want you downloading their movies for personal use. - just my guess.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
100% sure it will be streaming only. I think Apple really needs to think about a subscription plan for video. Of course they may already have, but the content providers my not want them to because the dont like the ideal of Apple having too much power.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is great news. I stream Netflix using my Xbox 360 all the time. Other than having to re-activate the xbox frequently, it works great. The selection of TV shows and movies available for streaming leaves a little to be desired, but it is getting better. I hope this isn't an April Fool's joke ;).

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Netflix, ABC, CBS and Hulu all coming to iPad, not having Flash is becoming less of an issue.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Netflix, ABC, CBS and Hulu all coming to iPad, not having Flash is becoming less of an issue.

Which I figured would be the case. Everyone freaked out about Flash this and Flash that....I don't really see flash as all that useful and seeing as how they will probably have 10 million users by the end of the year it would be a good idea to accommodate (and by accommodate I mean use HTML standards!!)

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this is no rumor or April Fool's Day joke since I just downloaded the Netflix app for iPad. The next 48 hours are going to be fun.

Most reactions