What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need some help/advice (ipad 2 v4.3.3 jailbroken) - have searched forums already

Reaper1234za

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Iv'e searched the forums and need some advice and help.

I have an ipad 2 on version 4.3.3 jailbroken, i would like to update to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak it, cydis has the SHSH for 5.1.1

is it possible to do this??

Also, how do I transfer music from my ipad to my pc, its another music app, not the ipod app so going through itunes won't work.

And lastly what happens if you sync a jailbroken ipad with itunes? Will it remove the apps that arent registered appstore apps, for example the superuser control panel app and activator (app that lets you decide what functions the buttons have).

any help would be much appreciated :)

Reaper

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Iv'e searched the forums and need some advice and help.

I have an ipad 2 on version 4.3.3 jailbroken, i would like to update to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak it, cydis has the SHSH for 5.1.1

is it possible to do this??

Unfortunately, you cannot update your iPad2 at this time. We are waiting on tools to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 (supposed to work if if users have never upgraded to iOS 6). I don't know if those tools will let you upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 if you have the blobs. All I can suggest is to sit tight and wait for the release of the tools (and cross your fingers that it'll help you).

If not, the only upgrade is to iOS 6, which may be a while to get jail broken...

Also, how do I transfer music from my ipad to my pc, its another music app, not the ipod app so going through itunes won't work.

The only thing I can think to do is get a program (for your PC) called iFunbox. It's free and with it, you can access your iPad's system. So, you can go to the directory where your songs are and copy them over to your PC. That's what I'd do. Maybe someone else might have another suggestion.

And lastly what happens if you sync a jailbroken ipad with itunes? Will it remove the apps that arent registered appstore apps, for example the superuser control panel app and activator (app that lets you decide what functions the buttons have).

any help would be much appreciated :)

Reaper

Nope. While iTunes shows Cydia icons as being on the iPad, it doesn't really "see" them. So, they won't be deleted when you sync. There really isn't any interaction between jail break tweaks and the App Store. As far as iTunes is concerned, you're not jail broken. So, it's perfectly fine to sync.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
Reaper1234za

Reaper1234za

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, okay thanks a million, I do have the blobs so I'll just hang tight for a while.

I'm busy downloading iFunBox right now - thanks for the advice.

Okay sweet, need to sync, glad I wont lose my stuff. Thanks a million for all the help :) :) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts