What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with itunes on ipad2

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this is probably very basic, but I can't for the life of me figure it out! I have an iPad 2, my daughter has an iPod touch (4th gen), she has her songs, I have mine and we have iTunes set for both devices to manage them manually....but HOW can I get her songs on my iPad?? When my iPad is hooked up I don't even SEE her songs on the music list? I don't want all of her music, just select songs but once her iPod is unplugged from the computer and my iPad is plugged in I no longer see her music at all. If anyone can help I appreciate it! I know this has to be easy and I shouldn't have to purchase songs twice. Annette

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should'nt have anything to do with what's on your daughter's device. It's what's in iTunes that matters. You should be able to select (manually) what you want to sync, no matter what device. When you plug your device into iTunes, select your device after it pops up in the left margin. A window comes up where you select manually whatever you want to sync. I have no problems with both mine and my wife's iPod and my iPad2.

cubalz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should'nt have anything to do with what's on your daughter's device. It's what's in iTunes that matters. You should be able to select (manually) what you want to sync, no matter what device. When you plug your device into iTunes, select your device after it pops up in the left margin. A window comes up where you select manually whatever you want to sync. I have no problems with both mine and my wife's iPod and my iPad2.

^^ Yup, what he said.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does not sound like you are actually syncing the music to iTunes at all. You are just looking at what is on the device when it is plugged in.

Try this.

With you iPod or iPad connected, right click on it under the Device list and choose Transfer Purchases. This should copy the music (and othe stuff) to the iTunes library. When it is done, unplug and see if the music is there. If so you should now be able to copy music to the other device.

You will need to do this with both devices to make all music available to both devices.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! It worked for a select few songs...haven't figured out why the others won't transfer. Odd

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you used some method other than iTunes (on the iPad or on the computer) to place the songs on the device, they may not transfer to iTunes. If you have used more than one account to place music on the device, you can only transfer those songs if you have the same account authorized in iTunes (not certain about that, but pretty sure).

Other than that, I'm not sure why the would not transfer. It shouldn't hurt to try more than once.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or perhaps you have not ticked the items prior to sync ? :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions