What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with External harddrive/usb flashdrives...

ruthvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last thread got closed because i got tweaks from hacked repos

Now, i payed for them

I dont understand why when i plug in my USB flashdrives or externals with external power, my ipad doesnt recognize them(ipad 3)

Also, in sbs settings, when i turn on usb, it turns green and then turns off when i open ifile and it doesnt show the usb or external HD

I am doing something wrong here

I followed the threads in the sticky and i dont need to the all the SSH stuff because i downloaded the USB mount feature, correct?

-Thanks

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the Camera Connection Kit? Apple's or a third party one?

OP
R

ruthvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just went out and bought a apple CCK...

And it says too much power is required even for usb flashdrives

OP
R

ruthvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, it says some of you bought sbs settings/usb mount...they are free on the cydia store (the official ones)

Idk what i am doing wrong

OP
R

ruthvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: bought the full version of ifile, lets see if that makes a difference

nope

Last edited:

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, it says some of you bought sbs settings/usb mount...they are free on the cydia store (the official ones)

Idk what i am doing wrong
In order for the USB settings to work you have to make a donation to the author (read further down in the Cydia description). He'll email you a code that will allow you to register the USB settings tweak and then it will work. Also, I have only been successful at using the CCK without external power when connected to a very small SD card, or a powered on Camera. I use an external 7000mAh battery pack to power my CCK with a splitter USB cable. That lets me use it anywhere I need to.

Most reactions