What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help w/ Pages and iCloud

clydeclyde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 - started iCloud backup - cranked up Pages - got the lil' up arrow - got a warning that another user was deleting stuff - all Pages files are gone.

What happened? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

Had an iPhone 4 and iMac on the iCloud and no Pages files can be found on any of 'em. Time Machine was cranking away, but there's nothing saved there either.

Any and all input mucho appreciated!?!

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad2 - started iCloud backup - cranked up Pages - got the lil' up arrow - got a warning that another user was deleting stuff - all Pages files are gone.

What happened? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

Had an iPhone 4 and iMac on the iCloud and no Pages files can be found on any of 'em. Time Machine was cranking away, but there's nothing saved there either.

Any and all input mucho appreciated!?!

I think we both share the same issue. As from a previous post of mine here.

http://www.ipadforums.net/icloud/50208-icloud-document-syncing-ipad-iphone-desktop-mac.html

Right now iCloud works with automatic syncing only between IOS5 devices. To go from your Mac to the cloud or from the cloud to your mac is a manual procedure. I understand (also from a previous post) that currently in beta are the iWork updates for this issue.

Currently the way I am doing it is:
1) Open safari and go to iCloud.com and sight in
2) If you have set up for example, pages on you IOS5 device and have created a document, or if not just create a document on you iPad and then quit the app
2) On the right side you will see an icon for documents, open it and you will see the document. Size this window so you can work from your Mac's desk top.
3) Next take a document in pages on your mac and drag it over to the iCloud document window and drop it in.
4) Once you see it in the window, close out and go back to you iPad
5) Open pages on your iPad. You should now see the same document your dragged over and dropped in.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts