What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help newbie "What is the best app for note taking" but i also need........

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already know that the pogo stylus is very good for taking notes. I also know there are many good options available but here are the key things I need

I need an application that will recognize my handwriting, and has all the options of saving the documents in a word form or. a pdf that I can edit later

But here is what I really need...... The app can convert my handwriting at a click of a button to type text and I can save that as a document as well

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard of Write Pad.....anyone use it as a note taker then convert it to text?

The POGO Stylus is the one and only stylus that I can attest to

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe PhatPad is the newest hottest app in that category.

You can also take a look at some others here:

iPad Apps/Games : Notes

Be sure to check the App Store on the ones you are interested in. Most of them will have been updated since the list was compiled.

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You! Any that you know that wil convert to a word document. Now I know that is almost criminal to ask as apple and microsoft usually link up

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any that mix drawings, handwriting, and text in a freeform style that will convert to word's doc format. It's not well suited for that kind of thing. PDF is about the best you are going to get, since it is well suited for mixed up content.

You'll need a pure handwriting to text conversion program. One that does almost nothing but output standard text.

I can't think of any off the top of my head.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WritePad is pretty good at recognition, but only does it line-by-line. You can't take a whole block of handwritten text and convert it. Don't know about PhatPad.

Converting a large block of handwritten text to type is a pretty big job for an app to do. In any app that does it I'd bet you'd spend a fair bit of time editing the final product.

Must check out PhatPad...

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have it, but I've heard PhatPad is very good.
As for stylus choices, I have a Pogo and Targus. I like the Targus better. I prefer the rubber tip of it.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Phatpad is the best for what you need in terms of text. In terms of drawing and adding text and what not...notes 2 go HD is good.

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus is the best for me. It doesn't convert handwriting to text, but I like how easily you can switch from text to writing anywhere on the page, as well as the delete gesture and ability to save as PDF. It also has a Record button so you can record lectures. There's so many options it's awesome. I used it yesterday in class and I really love it.

Most reactions