What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a very lightweight case with access to power adapter

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need a case that feels good, is lightweight, can stand up, does not have a trnsparent plastic screen cover and provides direct access to charging port and all the other ports without having to take the case out.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cant give a review for it since my iPad hasnt arrived yet, but I ordered this one. It seems to fit what I was looking for. Access to ports, stand, light yet classic-looking leather. I also like how the iPad slides in from the center. Some of the cases out there look like the iPad could easily slip out.

EDIT: Well, I cant post links yet. Just search Amazon for "B003KV5ECU" - thats the item ID.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant give a review for it since my iPad hasnt arrived yet, but I ordered this one. It seems to fit what I was looking for. Access to ports, stand, light yet classic-looking leather. I also like how the iPad slides in from the center. Some of the cases out there look like the iPad could easily slip out.

EDIT: Well, I cant post links yet. Just search Amazon for "B003KV5ECU" - thats the item ID.

Here you go. It does look like that it fits the bill.
317fpwgo-gL._SS400_.jpg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a case that feels good, is lightweight, can stand up, does not have a trnsparent plastic screen cover and provides direct access to charging port and all the other ports without having to take the case out.

You have described the Apple case.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@pallentx - I'm in Granbury, 30 miles south of Fort Worth.... welcome :D

And yes to gentlefury's good word, just spend the bones and get the Apple stock case....

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well, I read some reviews from people about the iPad case on the Apple sit itself, and judging by what a few said there, I am getting the impression you have to take the iPad out of the case to charge it. If that's the case I think its bit of a hassle.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@pallentx - I'm in Granbury, 30 miles south of Fort Worth.... welcome :D

Well, hello neighbor.

The stock case is nice - very minimal. I was looking for something more "professional" looking. Honestly, I also didn't want the big apple logo on it either. A nice generic leather portfolio is less conspicuous.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, I read some reviews from people about the iPad case on the Apple sit itself, and judging by what a few said there, I am getting the impression you have to take the iPad out of the case to charge it. If that's the case I think its bit of a hassle.

To charge your iPad, no you don't have to take it out of the case.

To use the optional dock, yes you'll have to take it out of the case. But you'll have that problem with the vast majority of cases out there.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have the Apple Case from day one for my WiFi iPad and once I got my 3G 64 iPad it immediately moved over to the case and am thinking of buying another case to use again for the WiFi only version. Mostly because the Apple case has proven to be very beneficial in both protecting and in allowing full functionalityy of the iPad.

I have been watching, reading, visiting other iPad fan sites as well as using the web for iPad assesory stores and even visiting old cases from net books. I still can not find anything that could easily replace the Apple case.

It's not the most attractive one out there, but (I happen to like the discreet Apple logo) the logo is there , it's black which matches almost anything and allows for good function throughout the day being mostly mobile as I am.

Yes, it does fit the charger while in case and the only time it can't is using the Apple Dock or Apple Keyboard Dock, but I mostly use a wireless Apple aluminum Bluetooth keyboard in my car and when using it somewhat permanently at a job site or office.

All I am trying to say is give it a chance, it's not the most expensive but also not the cheapest and I think you will like it as a standard case goes.
Obviously for those that like customization, there are plenty of others out there that will fit that bill nicely, but credit goes to Apple for making a good slim case that feels good to use and takes heavy use lightly.

Also, if you do buy or get to use an Apple case be sure to check out Dim3m's case mod thread in this forum, very fun, cheap and functional.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I got my iPad today and installed it in the $12 case I posted above. I am very happy with it so far. All ports and buttons are accessible. The fit it very good. The only complaint I have is the leather strip across the top bows up a little, but I think as the leather stretches a bit that will lay flat.

SNC00013-2.jpg

SNC00012.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts