What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a To-Do List app for managing other people's tasks

Gschnettler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a manager and I really need a To-Do list app that will allow me to assign tasks to others. I need to track multiple fields such as who requested the task, who it's assigned to, task description, current status, date request received, target date and priority. And I'd like to able to sort and/or filter on most of these fields.

For example, let's say my manager asks me to do something by Friday. So, I enter the task, say it's for him and mark it as unassigned with a due date of Friday. Next, I identify someone on my team to do the task and so I change the status to assigned and put their name on it. I normally have about 100 or more tasks like this active at any given time. During my next meeting with my manager I can filter out the requests he asked about and give him the updates. When I meet with each of my employees I can filter out the things I asked them to work on. Or I could sort by due date or priority to see what needs to be done next.

I have tried several To-Do apps like Things, Sorted, Taska, etc. but they are all focused on just my tasks and don't work well for tracking tasks for others. I have also tried Bento and Numbers but neither really work well for this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would think that this type of task management app would be very useful for many managers, teachers, organizers and others who have to worry about managing many tasks being done by many people. Would OmniFocus handle this?

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found list me, google it. Looks interesting

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scrap that, seems the site was closed down according to the top of there webpage.

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe Toodledo has shareable tasks, native clients for most mobile devices, and web access for computer browsers.

Though it's been a long time since I used it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And Evernote, of course. Not technically a to-do list, but you can create and share notes and notebooks with checkbox items.

wilsoj2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the 2Do App! I manage 13 employees and 6 of them have multiple projects going on at all times. I 'tag' the tasks by employee name and save them u der the appropriate category so at any time, I can pull up assignments by staff or by project/category. Also, I use 'Toodledo' (can access it from any device with Internet access) -- this app works with the 2Do App and syncs effortlessly..... I can also print my 'to-do' list quickly from Toodledo which is nice to have in hand during staff meetings:)

Most reactions