What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a lightweight gripster style case for a 9.7 Pro

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Native Union Gripster case for my iPad mini/2 which has worked great for me. Unfortunately, my mini/2 broke and I bought a 9.7 Pro to replace it.

I don't see a Gripster case on the NU site, but do see a Gripster Wrap case for the Air 2. While this may fit, it has 2 known drawbacks:
1) comes with a non-removable wrap that I don't need which adds weight
2) covers some of the Pro's speakers (from what I've read).

I use the iPad to record basketball stats and really prefer a case like that where I can slip my hand through a loop or strap in the back to steady it in one hand while I record stats with the other.

I bought a temporary UAG case, which while nice enough in itself, is a compromise for my needs.

I've not had much luck Googling grip cases for the 9.7/Pro. I do not want a case with a built-in screen protector, and prefer a slim/light design.

Any suggestions?

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same issue trying to find a grip case that works for the Pro/9.7. I guess that's why there are no replies yet.

I ordered one to try from LapWorks. It seems worth trying.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GF8RGZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really wish NU would issue a Gripster case (without the wrap). I don't need the extra weight. NU customer support says they will advise. I'm not holding my breath.

Most reactions

Latest posts