What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name/Balance App ?

karlsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Last time I was looking for a certain type of App, you guys totally nailed my needs within a few hours after my original post; which is why, I, once again, need your iPad expertise!

To put ourselves into context, I'll explain why I need the certain app. It doesn't need to be exactly for this mean, but as long as it can do what I need, or similar, I'll be a happy camper!

I own a few low income room rental business. They basically live in bachelors, heated, lighted, cabled, furnished and everything, at an extremely low cost per month. Many of them are on Social Assistance or Disability, and ofter have quite a hard time to settle the full amount by the first of the following month. I've decided to allow them to part the payment by week/two weeks, to make it easier on them to survive in this tough world. It's a tough thing to keep track on paper, due to our people moving-in and out frequently.

My only inconvenient, is that I have 50 of those bachelor apartments, and it is getting hard for me to keep track of owed balances, and due date. I tried using the notes and calendar to keep track, but it became to hard. I guess a similar App to Cottage Rentals / Private Hotel Rentals would be good enough.

I'd need to have a name field, a due date, a cost, balance, and possibly an alert/visual way of seeing when one becomes due...

Please help me out guys, it's getting hard to keep track of all the payments; any app similar, or that might be usable would be pretty nice to know about!

Have a great day,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app might fit - it has a lot of features

Real Estate Investor

Search for it at the App Store

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could use a spreadsheet. Most of them will allow you to sort by column. Put your apartments along the vertical axis and your data on the horizontal.

You can do an ascending sort on the due date column to force the next due payments to the top of the list. When it's time to add or delete people just sort using the apartment number column so you can easily find the unit you want. Need to see what apartments are open, sort by name and force all the empties to the top. To find a person, sort by last name.

It wouldn't be pretty, but with a little experience and experimenting you could make it work well enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts