What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My music not showing in iTunes?

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said on another thread re backing up my iPad, I have had to reinstall Windows Vista so have downloaded and reinstalled iTunes. I had copied away my music to an external hard drive so have now copied it back but it's not showing up in iTunes on the laptop, I can only see a couple of downloaded albums (all the missing ones are ripped CDs). The music is in the folder C:\Users\myusername\Music\iTunes\iTunesMedia\Music. I checked the backup and it appears that it was previously in C:\Users\myusername\Music so I moved some of the music to here but it still doesn't show up in iTunes.

I hope I've explained clearly enough and that someone can help please.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pinmac said:
As I said on another thread re backing up my iPad, I have had to reinstall Windows Vista so have downloaded and reinstalled iTunes. I had copied away my music to an external hard drive so have now copied it back but it's not showing up in iTunes on the laptop, I can only see a couple of downloaded albums (all the missing ones are ripped CDs). The music is in the folder C:\Users\myusername\Music\iTunes\iTunesMedia\Music. I checked the backup and it appears that it was previously in C:\Users\myusername\Music so I moved some of the music to here but it still doesn't show up in iTunes.

I hope I've explained clearly enough and that someone can help please.

If you can find the actual mp3 files, click on file > import file and select the songs to import them

OP
P

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your post. The setting is now File>Add folder to library but you set me on the right road to find it. A lot of my album artwork isn't showing but I'll do a search on here to see if I can find an answer. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts