What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad has been "hacked". Please help me!

jfalmeyda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have been experimenting a very weird situation. Every time that i'm using my ipad, the device start to open and close apps even if i'm not touching it. Opens the mail app, "read" and email, close the app, opens another one, etc. Some weeks ago, I reset the ipad and back to the factory default settings. I connected to iTunes and configured it as a new ipad. But the problem is still there. Is there any possibility to think that was hacked? This ipad was not jailbroken. So, i really don't know what is happening. it seems like someone is remotely manage the device. is that possible? how can i remove that "malware/spyware" if there is any?

Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jfalmeyda said:
Hi! I have been experimenting a very weird situation. Every time that i'm using my ipad, the device start to open and close apps even if i'm not touching it. Opens the mail app, "read" and email, close the app, opens another one, etc. Some weeks ago, I reset the ipad and back to the factory default settings. I connected to iTunes and configured it as a new ipad. But the problem is still there. Is there any possibility to think that was hacked? This ipad was not jailbroken. So, i really don't know what is happening. it seems like someone is remotely manage the device. is that possible? how can i remove that "malware/spyware" if there is any?

Thanks!

Have a look at this thread. It suggests the possibility of a malfunctioning touchscreen.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/81575-ipad-opening-apps-itself-typing-itself.html

OP
J

jfalmeyda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much Scifan57. I will try going to an Apple Store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jfalmeyda said:
Thank you very much Scifan57. I will try going to an Apple Store.

Let us know how it works out for you. I'm glad I could be of service.

Most reactions

Latest posts