What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help my iPad has been hacked

TigerBadshah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I need some help, some dude has hacked my iPad infact all my devices, he can see photos in my photos library and ready my iMessages. Any help how to get rid of this guy?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you know ? What are the symptoms ? Have you tried re-setting your passwords ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
T

TigerBadshah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you know ? What are the symptoms ? Have you tried re-setting your passwords ?

He showed me the pics from my photo library on Twitter and and he knows the names of my contacts etc. I have reset my AppleID passwords etc all of them.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He showed me the pics from my photo library on Twitter and and he knows the names of my contacts etc. I have reset my AppleID passwords etc all of them.

How did it happen ? Is he a friend ? Did you let him have access to your iPad ? Or has he access to your computer - are photos and contacts on your computer ? Have you changed computer passwords ? Id it anti virus protected ? Have you run malware program ? Is he on the same network ? Is it a public network ?

OP
T

TigerBadshah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did it happen ? Is he a friend ? Did you let him have access to your iPad ? Or has he access to your computer - are photos and contacts on your computer ? Have you changed computer passwords ? Id it anti virus protected ? Have you run malware program ? Is he on the same network ? Is it a public network ?

Lol no he's a complete stranger on Twitter, I doubt he's a friend or anyone I know because only I know my passwords, we were just having this banter on there and he goes I challenge you to put a pic in your photos library and I will steal it, I did that and then he posted the exact same pic.

Then he told me he has detected 3 more devices in my house lol he even told me device's info : IPad mini with retina display ios:7.1.2 . which was exactly correct.

Then he said he's hacked into my iMeassage and that's where he told me about the contacts I have saved.

I have reset all my passwords and stuff now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't already done so you should report this guy to the police. Many jurisdictions have cyber stalking laws.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you a router ? If he has identified your other devices then maybe he has accessed your network. Change router password to long one with upper and lower case letters, numbers and punctuation marks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you a router ? If he has identified your other devices then maybe he has accessed your network. Change router password to long one with upper and lower case letters, numbers and punctuation marks.

Agreed. Make sure it's your router/gateway password, not your SSID/network password. One allows you to phish all network packets inbound and outband, the other just lets you see what devices are enabling network sharing on that network. Some users mix the two or believe they're the same

Most reactions

Latest posts