What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first ipad2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr. Paul said:
I don't know me too.
That's why I have decided to wrote to you...
Can you help me please?

Mr. Paul

Hopefully someone else here has an idea, in the meantime I'll check out the iOS guide to see if I can see anything in there.

The Archangel

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would do a reset and see if that makes a difference. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them until the Apple logo reappears. Release the buttons and wait until your iPad comes back on. Then check your General Settings for the Restrictions option.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is your iPad being managed by your employer or other entity, perhaps a school?

The management software can disable your ability to change security and account related settings. This includes the passcode, restrictions, and your accounts. In some cases it grays out the controls. In others the controls are just not there.

OP
M

Mr. Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my own ipad and it doesnt belong to any kind of school or other entity, I can manage account and passcode but I am not able to modify restrictions.

I would try other solutions before try to reset.

Thank you again

Mr. Paul

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess there is either a BIG change from 5.1.1 or there are other items missing. I don't see Passcode lock either.

Attachments

• image-1643190495.jpg
    image-1643190495.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I would do a reset and see if that makes a difference. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them until the Apple logo reappears. Release the buttons and wait until your iPad comes back on. Then check your General Settings for the Restrictions option.

Mr. Paul

If your talking about Roy Rob suggestions, this is a akin to a reboot on a PC, you will not lose any information on settings on your ipad. Its worth trying as other than twerppoets suggestion that a custom profile is loaded, I don't think there is anything else for you to try. And doing a reboot is easier and quicker than trying to establish a new profile, even if you need one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is my own ipad and it doesnt belong to any kind of school or other entity, I can manage account and passcode but I am not able to modify restrictions.

Thank you again

Mr. Paul

Did you buy it new, or second hand? If second hand, did the previous owner restore it to factory condition before handing it too you: if they did you would have had to go through several setup screens after turning it on.

If it was not handed to you in this conditions it is possible that the iPad retains the management restrictions from the prior owner. The only way around this will be a full restore of the iPad. If the Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings option is not available you will have to do it through iTunes on a computer.

Unlike the reset recommended before, this will delete everything from the iPad. You will be able to re-download all your Apple iStore purchases, but any documents or other data contained in apps will be lost, so save them off to a computer or cloud service first. You will not be able to restore form a backup, as that would just restore the settings you're trying to get rid of.

If you did buy the iPad new, and if there is an Apple store nearby, I'd get an appointment and have them look at it. And don't forget, you've got 90 days of free Apple tech support. If you are still within that period can can call them for free. Might as well use it and see if it helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts