What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My documents

Minx01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome and advise! :) My next question is... How do I transfer folders from My Documents on laptop to iPad?:confused:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are various ways, the easiest for my simple mind to follow is to use dropbox, drag the files into dropbox on the computer and they magically appear in the dropbox app on my iPad!

The Archangel

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
There are various ways, the easiest for my simple mind to follow is to use dropbox, drag the files into dropbox on the computer and they magically appear in the dropbox app on my iPad!

The Archangel
Do you just view them on your iPad, or can you work on them too?

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can work on them either place and they will show on both. I think either on original Dropbox app or in the app itself there is good info on how it works. I like it because if I am somewhere that I might get a phone call re: something that was only on my computer,I can just have it available at all times. You will need to install it on both iPad and computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you just view them on your iPad, or can you work on them too?

It depends. Can you work on a file just because you have it on your computer? No. You also have to have a program that can open the file and edit it.

The same it true of the iPad. The iPad and iOS being a bit younger than desktop computers, not very file format is supported and the apps don't always have every feature you could want. Still, most common file types are supported and the apps have the basic features. What features are considered basic is, of course, very debatable.

Most reactions

Latest posts