What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My battery was fully charged when i recieved my ipad?

Raw Intentions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noel1 said:
Make the most of your fully charged battery, because it last all of 5 minutes on the new ipad ! The battery life is rubbish

My battery life is awesome. But I only surf the web, watch vevo and listen to music. Maybe I just don't push it. But as I type this I'm at 67% and I have not charged it since 11a.m. yesterday.

stevorama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be happy, mine actually came 1/2 full when I got the iPad 2, sometimes people tend to think the device is used if the battery is not full

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Wow I had no idea the battery lasted only 5 minutes. Time must be moving slowly because these past 5 minutes off the charger have felt like at least 2 days. Maybe it's just me.

Im glad you posted your experience seneca18, cause I was thinking the same. I have the new iPad since March 17, 2012, discharged it down to 1% and fully recharged it. I've been on this iPad 3rd Gen now since 7am New York time and the battery shows 38%. It is now almost 10pm New York time and I am physically drained. My iPad is outlasting ME!

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad was about 70% charged when I received it. I plug it in at night around 9-10 and unplug in the morning between 6-7. I use it moderately all day and haven't experienced any problems.

L

Lunar

Make the most of your fully charged battery, because it last all of 5 minutes on the new ipad ! The battery life is rubbish

I often get around 12.5hrs total, ie. mixture of web browsing, texting/tweeting and several hours viewing movies and live TV, I would'nt say that was bad at all.

On Wednesday evening for example after fully charging my iPad3, I watched a gangster movie called 'Once upon a Time in America' which ran for 220mins, during which I listened to it via my bluetooth headphones. So that was 3hr-40mins with bluetooth enabled and it was still showing 77% afterwards, personally I reckon thats quite impressive. Brightness was set around 40%, which is more than plenty for a room with just 2 small wall lights.

Last edited by a moderator:

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine had 95% when it arrived from China yesterday. I can honestly say though, the battery life on is is not as good as my ipad1. But I do realize its got a larger processor, better screen, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts