What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My battery drains in one day with little use since os 7.1 upgrade

Amgmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did the hard reset and disable background app refresh AND turned off Bluetooth with no success! Why can't I fix this? Please help!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

To add.....if you use social network apps like Facebook or Instagram, close these completely when not in use as they will keep connecting to the net.

Also check how you have your emails set up....turn off Push. I have mine set to Manually which means that mail is only downloaded when I open the app.

Hope this helps!

OP
A

Amgmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I did all recommendations!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some apps, notably Wimbledon 2014 and World Cup 2014 are really terrible at draining the battery, even when closed. Probably because the results servers are set to push results to the iPhone/iPad. My battery consumption has gone up by over 30% during these two events, and I cam't find any way of stopping it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. Background refresh is off, also notifications, but I still get notifications and battery drain. Can't understand it.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very odd. I have just upgraded to to IOS 7.1.2 and the battery indicator actually ROSE from 89% to 91%, even though the update over WiFi took just over 15 minutes, and despite further use since the update it is now only at 90%.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could be your batter problems were only battery indicator calibration problems, and the update fixed it.

Apple advises that you run your iPad completely down (to the shutdown warnings at least) and then allow it to charge uninterrupted to 100%. You should do this about once a month. It does not affect the battery itself, but it does help keep the battery percentage indicator accurate.

Or it could be that it kicked some app/bug combination that was causing problems. Every update addresses at least a few bugs and security issues.

Either way, it's a good result for you. Yay! :D

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Very odd. I have just upgraded to to IOS 7.1.2 and the battery indicator actually ROSE from 89% to 91%, even though the update over WiFi took just over 15 minutes, and despite further use since the update it is now only at 90%.

That happens to me also sometimes. The battery percentage increasing by 1-2%.

Most reactions

Latest posts