What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Apps Continue To Crash Since Last 2 Updates.

jabber12416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad2 apps continue to crash over and over since the last two iOS updates. Doesn't matter if it's a game, Facebook or Yahoo mail app. It happens on maps, Kindle and news and weather apps as well. I have hot booted, cold booted, deleted hundreds of pictures, music files and apps I don't use often, all to no avail.

I would appreciate any tips or guidance to fix this extremely annoying issue.

Thanks.

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In case you updated over the air, using the feature in Settings - General on your iPad, connect your iPad to iTunes and restore it using iTunes.

Make sure there's a most recent backup, before restoring.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good Luck. My iPad 2 is slower and frequently freezes momentarily when switching apps. It's beginning to look like IOS 9 doesn't play well with iPad 2 at all.

OP
jabber12416

jabber12416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Blue. Thanks for the response. I'm hoping that its just a bug issue with the last updates or the app developers haven't caught up with the new iOS updates. I sure hope my iPad 2 has not outlived its useful life.

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 2 has not yet reached the end of it's useful life but iOS 9 is almost certainly it's last supported iOS version.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's usual (I believe) for Apple to release an optimized version of iOS when a device is no longer to be supported. They learned their lesson when they left the iPhone 3GS all but unusable.

The last update (hopefully) will leave it in good shape for many years of service.

OP
jabber12416

jabber12416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin. I hope your right and that the last update I loaded was not the final "optimized" one your referring to!

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too. I rarely use my iPad these days. It serves as a remote control for my home theatre, and does little else. For several years it was my constant companion, as I used it as a GPS for off road driving. We have covered a lot of distance together.

When I saw this thread, I was about to report that everything is "business as usual" at my end, then noticed that I'm still running iOS8.0. Needless to say, I'm a bit wary about updating now, which is a first. We have been through every update, flawlessly, since 4.1.3.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin. I hope your right and that the last update I loaded was not the final "optimized" one your referring to!

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT
That update will very likely be one of the last updates to iOS 9 before the release of iOS 10. In at least one case, iOS 6.1.6, it was released after the release of iOS 7.

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try settings>general>reset>reset all settings this was rhe only thing that worked for me on an ios 9 upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not the data, but the settings will be set back to default: Wi-Fi, Sounds, your display's settings, ....
You'll have to look at your settings in the Settings app, and select what has been changed to default.

Most reactions

Latest posts