What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute my iPad

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad pro 10.5 and I use it sometimes to watch TV. As I do on my TV I would like to mute the sound during commercials. The best solution that I have found is using an external speaker and switching it off and on but that is awkward and I don't always have a speaker handy. Anyone have a better solution?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the best solution for an iPad Pro, since we lost the mute switch of earlier iPad models. Apple could have added a one-touch mute button to the Control Center, as they did for Camera, Flashlight, and other features, but they didn't.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. I was expecting that to be the answer but, hope springs eternal. Unfortunately when I bring up the control panel that stops the stream. I'm using the NBC app that brings up the local affiliate.

Thanks,
Bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you can also hold down the down button. This will mute the iPad quickly; but turning the volume back up is slower.

I tested the control center using Netflix without problems, so not all apps stop the video when the control center is activated.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the DISH TV app and the stream stopped with that one too.
But I found a reasonable work around, I have a FINTIE keyboard that came with a case that I used for a while. It has mute key. It lives on my desk so it's convenient enough.

Thank-you again for your help and suggestions.
Bob

Most reactions