What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

johnclay36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad with the latest OS has upset MUSIC,all I get is the picture of a female with the word music. Nothing can be done except to quit the app. Please help .tks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting your iPad. Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own. While this kind of reset won't change settings or remove data, it might help with your problem.

In case you updated over the air (via Settings - General - Software Update):
Make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes, whichever you prefer), connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer and restore it using iTunes. This will install a completely fresh version of the software on your device. Afterwards, restore from the backup you created before restoring.

Hope that helps.

OP
J

johnclay36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting your iPad. Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own. While this kind of reset won't change settings or remove data, it might help with your problem.

In case you updated over the air (via Settings - General - Software Update):
Make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes, whichever you prefer), connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer and restore it using iTunes. This will install a completely fresh version of the software on your device. Afterwards, restore from the backup you created before restoring.

Hope that helps.
Many thanks for that,it's obviously a bug in the new Os. It's the ad.for Apple Music, why they have to include stuff that is buggy is crazy. Is it better to do OS updates thru iTunes,or wifi.? Cheers and thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An update via iTunes has more advantages than the one over the air.

If you don't have enough storage space for an update over the air, use iTunes to update. While updating with the iPad only needs more storage at first, and then releases it again, iTunes removes the iOS on the iPad completely and installs a fresh, bug-free version, and this doesn't need the same amount of storage space as the update via the iPad's settings. Also, if you get too many glitches, after an update over the air, restoring via iTunes often helps removing these.

Having said this, an update via Settings - General - Software Update is easier to perform (imo), that's why I use it to get my devices up to date; mostly.

Last edited:

Most reactions