What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Updated to iOS 5 and lost EVERTHING!!!!!

floorlizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I HATE APPLE!!!!! EVERYTIME I have updated the OS, I have lost evrything on my unit. I synced and backedup but after downloading the new software and telling it to restore from a previous backup, it STILL is empty. NO MUSIC, NO APPS, NO PICTURES.... NOTHING!!!! I realize I can re-download the apps without having to pay again. However, what do I do about my purchased music? What am I doing wrong?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, the good news. Depending on what country you are in, you can download all your iTunes music again. If you've got iCloud, you're good.

There were actually three restore phases the iPad should have gone through after the software was loaded, a restore from backup, the copying of apps, then a sync. Each time the iPad paused for almost a minute before beginning the next step. If you unplugged it early, thinking that you were done after the restore from backup, that would explain what happened.

Or, did you to a Transfer Purchases (as recommended) before the update? There should have been a warning. If the apps and music were not in iTunes on the computer before you started there would have been nothing for put back on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts