What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

file manager that supports GRBG.xxx

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I hope I'm not posting what (I thought) would be a trivial issue, but I can't seem to find a good app anywhere.
What I want to do:
Copy files to my jailbroken iPad and have them accessible via the iPod app without using iTunes.
Copy a file from apple's /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music directory to my PC but have it appear on my PC with it's real filename, not the garbage Apple munged filename.

I know that there are applications for the PC and Mac that can do this. If I end up going that route, it's fine, but I was hoping for something running on my iPad that I could use ssh/scp or a web interface with. I tried iFile, and while it looks like a fine app, it doesn't seem to be able to read Apple's munged up file names. I tried i-FunBox on my PC with the same result. Is there something in the Cydia repository that will do this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions