What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music stops

Airdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new and need some help.

If I play music on my itunes or on tunein, I start another app, preferably a game, and the music shuts off. This is annoying because I want to listen to my music while playing the game but it gets cut off. Am I doing something wrong or is the mighty Ipad 2, running the latest ios, too weak to multi-task something like that?

Thanks in advance.

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with multi tasking. The second app you are starting (especially a game) most likely has it's own sound programming so your iPad is pausing your music so the sound of your current app will come thru.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

Airdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that sucks, for me. I guess it is random and some games so allow it. Much thanks.

duaneswoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't have one sound playing over another so the iPad automatically shuts out the sound from the first app.
Duane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes you can restart the sound by going to the multitask bar music controls and restarting the music. Again, it will depend on the app. You might stop any in game sounds when you do this.

Most reactions

Latest posts