What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music lost

mjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just installed iTunes on my pc & tried to sync my iPad during the process the new upgrade for ios5 ran and this appears to have wiped all the music off the iPad , is there any way to recover the music as it isn't showing in iTunes on the pc either - there was an error message that came up saying if you continue it will clear your iPad so I clicked cancel , any ideas ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi MJP - welcome to the forum! :)

Your explanation is a little unclear - I'm assuming that you were upgrading to iOS 5, an error message appeared, and your music was wiped from your iPad - correct?

Otherwise, is your iPad currently working w/ the new OS upgrade? Do you have your music saved on your computer and/or an external device; if not, did you purchase your music from iTunes? Still if not, where did your music come from originally? Answer to those questions may help others provide some better advice!

OP
M

mjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi giradman ,
Yes the music has been wiped from the iPad completely
The music was originally downloaded directly from iTunes on the iPad as I had not installed iTunes on my pc until yesterday .
Some of the music has however saved into my music folder on the pc ( but not all of it )
Also it appears the software update was unsuccessful
Again can anyone help ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as the music was purchased in iTunes, you can go to the Purchased tab in iTunes on the iPad and download it again. Or you can visit the Purchased area in iTunes on the computer and do the same thing.

When you have music on the iPad but not the computer it is best to do a Transfer Purchases before syncing. Right click on the iPad in iTunes and choose Transfer Purchases.

Most reactions

Latest posts