What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music library grouping together

andyjp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have got a compilation torrent I have downloaded yet when I drag and drop the album over to my iPad library it has each individual track on the album when I search it, rather than 1 icon for the album.

Help!!

OP
andyjp1

andyjp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2144979414.png

image-3093358801.png

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem but mine is not a torrent download - mine is a compilation CD bought from HMV music store. All the tracks show individually and not as a single album.

Is the only answer to put them into play list?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
One of the reasons this happens is because of the different artist names to each track, the way over this problem is to highlight all tracks, right click, get info, then in the track numbers put its track number with amount of tracks in album.......I.e if there are 12 tracks on album and the one your changing is track 2 then it would be 2 of 12.
Also, make sure that all the tracks have the same headings in the genre list.

Basically your trying to group many artists under the umbrella of one album, if these are all mixed up, iTunes will treat them all as single tracks.

Usually on a compilation album, let's take Ministryof Sounds 80's Anthems as an example.....

All 60 tracks over 3 albums appear as 3 different albums, this is because each album is separated from another within the disc number 1 of 3---2 of 3---3 of 3

You can make these all appear as a single album if you get info and renumber the tracks 1 of 60, 2 of 60, 3 of 60 etc, etc, etc.

Much tidier!

Hope this helps, let me know if I've just confused you more.

Most reactions