What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music, Apps and sycing

SolowOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me and my wife got each other Ipad 2's for christmas and I have a storage drive that i've been putting music on that i've downloaded over the years.Well I transfered 200 or so albums into itunes and onto my ipad and my wife wanted to do the same but doesn't want all the albums I have.When her Ipad was syncing it added all the albums and she went through and deleted the albums she didn't want.What I want to know is if everytime I sync her Ipad will it keep adding the albums and apps i've put on mine or is there away to keep this from happening.I've suggested installing itunes on her netbook or laptop but she doesn't want to.

Plac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SolowOne said:
Me and my wife got each other Ipad 2's for christmas and I have a storage drive that i've been putting music on that i've downloaded over the years.Well I transfered 200 or so albums into itunes and onto my ipad and my wife wanted to do the same but doesn't want all the albums I have.When her Ipad was syncing it added all the albums and she went through and deleted the albums she didn't want.What I want to know is if everytime I sync her Ipad will it keep adding the albums and apps i've put on mine or is there away to keep this from happening.I've suggested installing itunes on her netbook or laptop but she doesn't want to.

Connect her iPad, select it in iTunes, go to music, change it from syncing all the music to only the selected items.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To clarify further, iTunes will remember all the settings for each iPad as an idividual machine, it also backs up as independant machines for furture restore purposes. If you or your wife alter your settings, say to only add certain music ablums, particular Apps or books, etc. this will not pertain to any other Apple product that is plugged in later.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
albums is below, just check and uncheck.

ipad-sync-music.png

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if automatically sync new apps is checked, she will receive apps.

apple-itunes-sync-apps.png

OP
S

SolowOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question about find my iPhone app I don't have 3G just wifi if it's not connected to wifi how can it be located. I was using it at home and when I took it over my parents house and went on the computer to find it. It couldn't be located until I connected it to wifi what if I leave it somewhere or it gets stolen how would I be able to get it back

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SolowOne said:
Question about find my iPhone app I don't have 3G just wifi if it's not connected to wifi how can it be located. I was using it at home and when I took it over my parents house and went on the computer to find it. It couldn't be located until I connected it to wifi what if I leave it somewhere or it gets stolen how would I be able to get it back

There is no way that any software, no matter how good, will be able to find your device without a connection.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SolowOne said:

If you use find my iPad you will get a location for your iPad the first time the thief activates the wifi in your stolen iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts