What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking gestures issue

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but here are instructions for PC users:

How To: Enable Multitouch Gestures in iOS 4.3.1 For Free | pinglio

Here's a video showing how to do it as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uktPleZ8O8Q]YouTube - Enable iPad Multi-touch Gestures on Windows, no jailbreak request. (for iOS 4.3/4.31)[/ame]

Looks a bit more complicated, but if you're the adventurous type!

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

BangBangAnnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the multi-touch gestures from a PC with ibackupbot just fine, but found they were disabled after I did a double boot (because I heard it increased performance).

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Broseph said:
haha i wish i could pay someone on the forum to do it for me--i'm afraid i'll delete an important file and mess something up. I'm not overly computer-savvy when it comes to stuff like that

You cannot do anything wrong.

On Mac, it is completely fail proof and on windows you only need to add two short lines to a .plist file. Worst case scenario would be that the gestures aren't activated.

Either search for XCode3, or ibackupbot and you can have the gestures activated on the iPad within the next 10min.

Well that gives me confidence at least--i'll give it a try :)

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally when I first tried to install code I put the line of code in the wrong place. When I restored it I had no problems. Then the following day I tried it and I put the code in around line four and it worked

OP
A

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a way to enable multitasking gestures using a Pc and still have the ability to turn them off in settings. This is what I did with mine. It's a little complicated and it's gonna take a couple of hours and about 30 gb of free space but if anyone's interested PM me

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why wouldn't Apple just include the ability to turn multi-gestures on and off in the settings??

funforums5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why wouldn't Apple just include the ability to turn multi-gestures on and off in the settings??

1. The lag issue you see in this thread.
2. Some apps simply won't work. For a few games, such as Fruit Ninja, you can and sometimes have to use 4 or 5 fingers in the game.
3. There are still some minor glitches to it. I find that sometimes my apps get messed up on the homescreen when I use 4 fingers to move to another homescreen/app page.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed on #'s 1 and 2...haven't experienced anything like #3.

One thing I really like about Apple is that they aren't prone to releasing anything...even features until they are comfortable that whatever it is will work without fail. That's not to say that they don't get it right sometimes, but as compared to almost any other manufacturer there are none better IMO.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you upgrade to 4.3.2 you will have to reinstall your multi gestures all over again. Just a heads up

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated from my home computer but installed my Multi gestures from my work computer. Maybe that's what happened. After the update I didn't remember how to use my iPad without the gesture functions. Kinda funny. Sorry for misleading anyone.

Most reactions