What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi users calendars contacts etc

rogertb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi chaps - newbie here - still waiting for my new ipad 2 to arrive but 'planning' - whilst I understand that there is not multi user support (pity) I think I know a way for me to add a 'plat list' from my wife's user account on our 'shared' iMac and I think I can work out a way to have two users access to the web (Switch)? - but what about syncing Calendars and Contacts - is this possible ?

Many thanks Roger

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
rogertb said:
Hi chaps - newbie here - still waiting for my new ipad 2 to arrive but 'planning' - whilst I understand that there is not multi user support (pity) I think I know a way for me to add a 'plat list' from my wife's user account on our 'shared' iMac and I think I can work out a way to have two users access to the web (Switch)? - but what about syncing Calendars and Contacts - is this possible ?

Many thanks Roger

For Internet access, get a wifi router. It will provide you Internet access for your computer as well as any wifi enabled device/laptop.

For contacts and calendar, you have two main options:

1 - manage your contacts and calendar on the computer, synching via USB cable.
2 - get an account with a cloud service like Google and manage contacts and calendar using Google as the main source (or any other services you want) (This is the best solution)

If I understood you correctly, your wife and you will be using the iPad 2... But the iPad is not a multiuser device. However, you can have multiple mail/contacts/calendar accounts on it. If you do not care that you will be sharing those information when using the iPad, then it will work.

But if you are looking for a way to have separate access to the device so you won't see her mails, that's another story. Thinking about it, if you use Safari to access your mails (and it does work well), then it would be possible to do it. Meaning that you would not configure any account in the mail application.

Eventually, you will have the same problem with MSN/Google/Skype, or Facebook, or any other personal access to a social media.

VicoPad addict!

OP
R

rogertb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep thanks for that Drhouse - I understand that there is no multi user but wondered if it were possible to sync two different users Calendars - good of you to take the time and I'll look into google cloud ... no we don't have a problem with secrecy just that she has a diary and I have one - she has contacts and I have mine ... Roger

Most reactions

Latest posts