What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts & Calendar Sync

F

FuzzyMoose

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

My ipad and iphone sync calendars & contacts perfectly via iCloud. No problems, great functionality, all is good.

I am thinking about swapping my old 3gs for an android phone (October feels like a very long way away for the iphone 5)

Does any know if it is possible for the Ipad calendars & contacts to be set up to automatically sync with an android phone?

If it is not possible natively, are there apps that will do this? third party services? The potential lack of everything syncing is the one thing keeping me tied to the iphone (so I am guesing it is not in Apples interests to make it easy)

Thanks

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since both sync to a google mail or exchange account I'd try just setting them both to sync from the same email account. I have a number of devices syncing from my work exchange account and everything works well.

Of course if you want to sync other content you will need to do it by having both devices sync to the same content on a computer just like in the good old days.

khanate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to keep my iphone running ios 4.1 and my ipad 2 in sync - iCloud is not available for my older iPhone, neither do I mix my Yahoo and iPhone contacts, so up until now I had to do the sync via iTunes which is not the most direct and convenient way. I use the iPhone all the time and when I add a new contact there, I would want it to appear on the iPad too - which I use occasionally.

I like the idea behind the program described as it avoids having to use Mr. Bulky iTunes sync to transfer a handful of contacts. I have so far been using it to transfer contacts form my iPhone to my iPad.

Most reactions