What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Msn

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently removed an email account from my iPad while I went on holiday to protect my emails as someone else borrowed my iPad while away, I have reinstalled my mail account but all the mail will no longer appear ?
It is still there if I log into msn but it no longer shows up in my folders on my iPad

Is this normal ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Murphy... - I'm assuming that you have the correct password for the account entered - but also make sure that your POP3 or IMAP for incoming mail and your SMTP for outgoing mail settings are correct - if this is not the problem then please post back here - good luck! Dave :)

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I know if they are set correctly ? Yes right password as I am still receiving mail...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do I know if they are set correctly ? Yes right password as I am still receiving mail...

Hi again Murphy... - I suggest telling us how you are setting up your mail account on the iPad - my assumption is that you are using the native Mail App; if so, which account are you selecting, e.g. Hotmail or another? If Hotmail, then the POP3 & SMTP settings can be found HERE - if this link does not help in re-establishing your account, then please provide some more information - good luck! Dave :)

OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for the delay been on nightshift for last week

I use hotmail, not sure about the other stuff you me tend or how to find them ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Native mail app would be the built in app:

image-1326262497.jpg

If you use this app, which way do you set up your account? There are a few possibilities:

image-2903348175.jpg

For Hotmail, Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Hotmail are the best solutions.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought: in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - your Hotmail account - Mail Days to Sync: do you read there 1 Day? You can choose "No Limit":

image-3802721671.jpg

Last edited:
OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's done it

I had it set on 3days so I was in effect hiding it all

Thank you very much :0)

Most reactions

Latest posts