What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS Word on e-mails

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sometimes get MS Word attachments on the e-mails I read on my ipad, but the attachments wont open. I have the Pages app.

Can someone please advise.

Many thanks.

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if I can help as I don't have trouble opening .doc attachments. Are you trying to open .docx files?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Stattovic - welcome to the forum even though you've obviously left some posts already! :)

The iPad native Mail program should be able to open *.doc or *.docx files - just sent myself a Pages document in Word format from my iPad and the file opened immediately on tapping the icon; the updated MS *.docx format should respond similarly.

I would suggest 'force closing' the Mail app - double tap the 'Home button' (or use multi-finger gesturing) to open the multi-taskbar at the bottom of the iPad; press and hold the Mail app until the icon jiggles; press the minus sign; return to the home screen and try again.

If not successful, then 'Restart' and if not helpful, 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if not familiar w/ the procedures - good luck and please post back if none of these suggestions help!

OP
S

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I.get an email with a ms word attachment, it asks me how I wish to read it, I say "pages" but it does not allow it. I am getting frustrated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I.get an email with a ms word attachment, it asks me how I wish to read it, I say "pages" but it does not allow it. I am getting frustrated.

Hi Stattovic - did you try the suggestions in my post?

If not successful, you might want to provide more information on the number of mail accounts you have in the app, their types, and if multiple ones whether this problem is common to all of them? Good luck - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts