What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving pics from camera roll

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Budh.
When looking at your camera roll thumbnails, click on the square button with an arrow in it (top right). Then select the photos you want to move, and press 'add to' (top-left again). This is where you'll get an option to move to a new or existing album. (album aka folder)

Hope this helps.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did not know that! That is a great piece of advice! Thanks!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a word of warning. Don't delete photographs from your camera roll when you have put them into a different folder, because all folders contain is a link to the original. They do not contain a copy of the photograph. If you delete them from Camera Roll, you will lose them.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that warning! I did find too that I could not add camera roll photos to any of my pre- existing albums...only newer ones were highlighted.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a word of warning. Don't delete photographs from your camera roll when you have put them into a different folder, because all folders contain is a link to the original. They do not contain a copy of the photograph. If you delete them from Camera Roll, you will lose them.

To reinforce Kevin's advice, below is a quote of a post that I left in another thread not to long ago - practice going through these steps so that you have a clear understanding - good luck!

Well, some clarification is needed: 1) Images in the 'Camera Roll' can be easily deleted; press the box w/ the outgoing arrow (right upper corner); select the image(s) to be removed; press the 'Delete' option in the left upper corner; 2) Images (really just links) placed w/i 'Albums' made in the Photo App can also be deleted - keep in mind that these are only links and if images are deleted in the 'Camera Roll' any links will also be removed; and 3) Albums/Folders synced from a computer via iTunes cannot be deleted from the iPad - these can be removed by unchecking their sync option from the computer.

Hope this helps - :)

Konoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobiledevice.blog.com

It is true if you move the picture in camera roll to other folder,you'd better don't to delete that picture. But you can copy them to your computer or mac by just dragging, and then you can sync them to your other picture folder on the ipad with itunes. then you can delete them on your camera roll.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Konoo said:
It is true if you move the picture in camera roll to other folder,you'd better don't to delete that picture. But you can copy them to your computer or mac by just dragging, and then you can sync them to your other picture folder on the ipad with itunes. then you can delete them on your camera roll.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions