What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Icons from One Screen to Another

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have created folders (strange procedure) and tied up my primary screen so that is plenty of room.

I can't figure out how to move icons from the second screen to the first screen.

Any suggestions?

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Consult the handy Video FAQ in my sig for this and many other questions.

Thanks for the help. I did try that, it seemed so obvious. There is a trick to it though, you have to hold the icon over the edge of the screen but not your finger. If you go to far, the icon bounces back. Go figure.

Pooschey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about moving folders across screens?

I've tried it using the same way as moving apps but it doesn't work. So now I've got a couple of screens that are empty except for 1 folder. This happened when I put the collection of apps into folders as I've sorted the apps in ways meaningful to me.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders are moved the same way.. Press hold til wiggle then drag down and over the edge..hold until screen scrolls. Gotta be smooth and slow

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, Pooschey - I can drag folders across different screens with no trouble. You do have to wait for a bit for the screen to move ... but it does work.

Marilyn

Pooschey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, got it! I didn't hold the folder till it was wriggling.

BTW, I just realised I can't post reply using my Atomic Browser.:mad:

Most reactions

Latest posts