What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes purchase error

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased an app on my iPad and the transaction shows up in iTunes on my pc. However when I download it, and try and use it, it stills says to purchase it!

Any ideas please?

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Errrr, no haven't tried that. Should I delete the app again, then sync?

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I deleted the app, sync'd then installed it again. I then did another sync. Still the same :(

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a kids tunes app and I'm not having any other problems with downloaded apps, having said that, this is the first one I purchased, I only got my iPad at the weekend.

It's called kids song collection.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Couple of things.

Try downloading some FREE apps to see if you can cause the glitch to happen again. This may tell you if it's an issue specific to the one application or how your device is connecting to the App Store.

Also contact iTunes (the contact info is on your receipt). Explain your problem and you should be able to get a credit.

Keep us posted on your progress.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've downloaded a dozen or so free apps and all are working fine. I have contacted iTunes and received a prompt reply, they will issue a refund and referred me to the app designers for further info.

I'm a little nervous now to but any further apps in case they too don't work.

I might add I have been buying and using apps on my smartphone for several years.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
lizzieh said:
I've downloaded a dozen or so free apps and all are working fine. I have contacted iTunes and received a prompt reply, they will issue a refund and referred me to the app designers for further info.

I'm a little nervous now to but any further apps in case they too don't work.

I might add I have been buying and using apps on my smartphone for several years.

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't let one application misfire put you off. At the same time, it's always good to research an app and its developer before plunking down your hard earned money.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts