What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on Ipad2 quality?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering the IPad 2 WiFi only. What should I expect, in terms of quality, from watching HD and SD movies from Netflix and itunes? Any skips, lag, ect? Thanks

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That depends wholly on the network connection/wireless connection. I have 802.11n at home with 5ghz n only and Netflix and Napster stream fine to the iPad, iPad2 and Apple TV. Every now and then I may get a pause on one of the devices but nothing too serious.

It is all 720p anyway so the quality isn't as good as a Blu-ray or anything but IMHO I think everything looks and sounds fine streaming.

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a movie downloaded from itunes?

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought a few HD movies off of iTunes - I synced them to the iPad so there really isn't any streaming there. But since it is downloaded - I tried it to my AppleTV and it streamed fine from my PC over 802.11n.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have converted a bunch of my DVDs. If you convert them properly, the playback is simply gorgeous.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have converted a bunch of my DVDs. If you convert them properly, the playback is simply gorgeous.

I agree, although that has nothing to do with the current discussion... ;-)

I would have thought it was relevant to his question about how iTunes video downloads will play? If not, apologies.

I am considering the IPad 2 WiFi only. What should I expect, in terms of quality, from watching HD and SD movies from Netflix and itunes? Any skips, lag, ect? Thanks

Last edited:

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using DVDFAB and I use the 2nd pass high quality encoding. The quality comes out pretty good.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shouldn't have any problems if you got a decent connection for Netflix.

My Netflix connection is pretty good. I have only noticed a couple of pauses since using Netflix on my iPad. Most movies and TV shows have run flawlessly.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a nut shell the iPad 2 can handle 720p all day long , but forget 1080 it fights to play it.......

But high res 720p is sufficient on the best tablet on the Market

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive download 2 movies from the iTunes store in HD and i gotta say, I was pretty impressed.

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've converted my DVDs to 1080p MP4 and they run flawlessly on my ipad2. The video quality is outstanding. Leo

Most reactions

Latest posts