What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 and netflix

tangiltows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an ipad2, really a learning experience! I have the Netflix app on my iPad, is there something on the market to select a movie off Netflix and plug into my tv so everyone can watch the movie? When I select a movie from Netflix, does it download (save) to my iPad and take up space? I am really unfamiliar with this high tech stuff, so all help is much appreciated. Many thanks, Laura

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased an ipad2, really a learning experience! I have the Netflix app on my iPad, is there something on the market to select a movie off Netflix and plug into my tv so everyone can watch the movie? When I select a movie from Netflix, does it download (save) to my iPad and take up space? I am really unfamiliar with this high tech stuff, so all help is much appreciated. Many thanks, Laura

One thing Apple sells that will work with your iPad and Netflix is the Apple TV ($99.00, USD). I can attest it's a very handy (and small!) little device that works well with Netflix ... and the iPad. You can use this wirelessly with the iPad2 (and iOS 5).

You can also buy some cables (HDMI or VGA) that will allow you to manually hook up the iPad to the TV. The hassle there is that, of course, you'll have to keep the iPad near the TV. The cables can be found in the Apple store; some people have found them in various online venues.

There are also many non-Apple devices that'll stream Netflix movies to your TV. They don't work with your iPad, however, although you use the same Netflix account. Before I got my Apple TV, I used my Wii gaming device. Very handy. There are many, many such devices out there..

Netflix works by streaming the movie to your iPad. So, no, it's not taking any of your memory. The movie plays and then it's done. There is no having to delete it from the iPad.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions