What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies and music

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I probably get more pleasure out of building an entertainment system and tweaking it than I ever do from using it.

That said, what movies and music have you hooked at the moment, and why?

Here are my selections:

Interstellar. This is probably going to replace 2001 as my favorite movie of all time. The storyline is fascinating, the effects (both sonic and visual) are awesome and the experience leaves you totally satisfied yet screaming for more.

Jupiter Ascending. What made Interstellar great in terms of storyline is totally lacking in Jupiter Ascending. As a movie it is a flat bust (along the lines of Prometheus (garbage for similar reasons/great for equally similar reasons)) but if you can suspend your suspension of disbelief, don your 3D glasses and let the movie's beautiful effects and soundtrack transport you, you are in for a treat.

Ex Machina/Alien Outpost/American Sniper.

3 great movies. Awesome story lines and great attention to detail. Alien Outpost is probably the best of the trio, proving that you don't need to spend a fortune to produce a good movie. District 9 sprang to mind on more than one occasion.

Music.

Carl Orff's Carmina Burana is usually guaranteed to please and the version I've been listening to lately does just that. This is not easy listening, nor is it intended to be. Set your volume for the lower volume levels and the full orchestra/ percussion moments will blow your mind. Riccardo Muti conducts the Philharmonia Chorus and Orchestra.

What could you possibly add to Beethoven's symphonies? How about a piano transcription by Franz Liszt. Recently been playing the symphonies (particularly 3,6,7 and 9, but with due consideration to all the others) played by Cyprien Katsaris.

Sarah Brightman decided to grace Edmonton with her presence a while back, and I dutifully turned up for an awesome concert. Managed to turn up "Dreamchaser" on Japanese import BluRay on Amazon. Highly recommended.

Most reactions