What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moodle

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are any of you using Moodle with your iPad? I design and operate several Moodle websites... the IT classes I teach to 7th grade through 12th grade is entirely on Moodle - all assignments, all turn-in's, all class resources, etc. Now, I would like to meld the two pieces of technology that I am most excited about - Moodle and iPads - into a new way to teach children.

Any comments?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a couple of apps in the App Store. Search for Moodle.

There is a Student App as well as a Teacher App.

I have only played with them a little bit but they looked very functional.

Last edited:
OP
lkilgore

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have MoodlEZ and Mtouch. EZ is for teachers and touch is for students. They are OK, but nothing special. I can access just as easily from a web browser. I am especially curious to hear from educators about how they are using Moodle and iPad. For the past two years, I presented at education conferences in Bangkok, Thailand - on Moodle. This year I am presenting at an education conference in Incheon, South Korea - also on Moodle. I would like to incorporate iPad content this time. I already plan to use my iPad to present, but I would like to go deeper on how mobile tablets like the iPad can be used effectively with Moodle.

lindsayh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also be interested to hear how others are using Moodle and iPads together. I teach in a further education college where my course is fully on Moodle. (Course notes, uploading of assignments) We have just ordered a number of iPads to be used by students across the department and would welcome any hints and tips.

Monaghan77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there lkilgore, my school will be supplying iPads to all Secondary students in September now we use Moodle so I am looking into what the opportunities and possible teething issues may be. I was wondering if you had managed to gather some useful information yet and how the presentation you gave/are going to give is looking. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Monaghan77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Lindsayh.

Any luck in finding any information if so would be great to hear from you.

Cheers
MARK

hstaples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have been 1-1 iPad for 3 years, and using Moodle for a year. If you just use the browser, students cannot upload anything, they can only receive from the teacher. MoodlEZ App attempts to solve this issue, and it does work by being synced with Box, Google docs, etc. This helps but students complain that there are so many steps. There is also a plug-in that I can use to annotate and grade uploaded assignments and hand them back digitally on Moodle. However, this requires them to upload 2x. We would love to see an App that makes Moodle more user friendly for iPad users. For example, that it would upload from other Apps like Pages, Notability, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts