What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monitoring Website Activity

Eyehawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to monitor what web sites have been visited... Every time our babysitter is here she clears the history, cookies and cache under Safari in the Settings section. Just concerned and am wondering if I can see sites visited even if she's cleared those three things.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eyehawk said:
I would like to monitor what web sites have been visited... Every time our babysitter is here she clears the history, cookies and cache under Safari in the Settings section. Just concerned and am wondering if I can see sites visited even if she's cleared those three things.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Why are you concerned?

OP
E

Eyehawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not about her privacy if its my iPad. I'm more than willing to share any sites I'm visiting. I don't want her on inappropriate sites at my house while she's watching my kids.

OP
E

Eyehawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont want her visiting inappropriate sites while she watching my kids. She can do that crap at home if she wants but not
here. Also, I don't want a virus from some garbage website...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then just tell the babysitter you're concerned and will be checking the iPad for its history once she's used it. That way, you're checking and not doing it secretly. If she wipes history and you don't trust her, maybe better to not let her watch your kids.

There's no virus risk, so that's not an issue.

Last edited:

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would tell her she has 2 choices:

Not use the iPad while babysitting

OR

Not clear the history when using it.

Your pad, your house, your rules. Period.

But honestly, if I even suspected I needed to check up on somebody that was in charge of my kids, there are more things going on than browsing history issues.

And my job IS caring for other people's kids.....I've done home daycare for 11 years!

Maybe look under ....settings....general.....restrictions....
Then see if there is a setting for not being able to clear history/cookies/etc?
I know you can restrict content(I do it on my 11yo's touch) of websites/videos that way.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would tell her she has 2 choices:

Not use the iPad while babysitting

OR

Not clear the history when using it.

Your pad, your house, your rules. Period.

But honestly, if I even suspected I needed to check up on somebody that was in charge of my kids, there are more things going on than browsing history issues.

Exactly.

Most reactions

Latest posts