What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Money back

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How hard is it to get money back on a paid app? I bought office 2 while I have docs to go, hoping office had hyperlinks, but I can't edit email docs in els format, so it's useless.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How hard is it to get money back on a paid app? I bought office 2 while I have docs to go, hoping office had hyperlinks, but I can't edit email docs in els format, so it's useless.

It's very easy to get a refund on an app and many members have done this; we've not heard of a single case that's been refused. Simply call the Apple support line with the transaction reference number (on the iTunes invoice that you periodically receive) and the cost of the app will be refunded as a credit to your iTunes account. Apple seem to be operating a 'ask no questions' policy on app refunds - they get to keep their 'cut' of the app cost and it's the Developer who has - under the terms of their contract with Apple - to refund the entire cost of the app to you. So it's no surprise why they don't mind refunding the cost of an app!!!

Tim

deepakvrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought Office2HD too, and it just had too many issues. Happy now with QuickOffice. Lets see what Apple does. I live in India, and have mailed them.

deepakvrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a reply from Apple with a refund.

It helped that the developer admitted to the issues and had suggested that I ask for a refund, and I had forwarded the developers mail to Apple.

orish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been told on two occasions that no refunds are allowed at all according to the iTunes Store Terms of Sale. I think this condition should be changed, particularly as in Europe this falls under the Distance Selling Regulations, and for credit purchases it is considered a Customer Not Present sale.

I complained and did eventually get my refunds, but they seem to be discretionary - dependant on some junior back-office clerk who looks at your history of purchases and decides whether to refund you or not.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is most definitely no problem at all getting refunds for apps in the UK and many Members have reported getting multiple refunds. It's a no lose situation for Apple because they get to keep their commission and the Developer refunds the entire cost of the app purchase to the customer, so there is a satisfied customer for Apple at no cost to them.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts