What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moments and Slideshow in Photos/Ipad Pro

perseid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a bit confused. I'm using iOS 11.3 in the iPad Pro 12.9. This is what I want to do: custom select pictures in the Photo app and then create a "Moment" with those photos and save it as a video in my Photo app or share it with Message, etc. Is this possible at all? The Ipad has created some "Moments" without my intervention, choosing photos who knows based on what criteria. Thanks for your feedback

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe you are talking about the Memories feature in Photos. There is no way for you to create them yourself, but do not dispare, there are other options.

Slideshows:

If you create an album, you can run it as a slideshow. Open the album and tap Slideshow at the top right. Once the slide show starts you can tap the Optoins button at the bottom right to change the theme, music, and speed.

Video Apps:

If that is too limited you can use the iMovie or Clips app. Using either of these you can select (or record) images and videos, add titles, sound trackes, etc. Clips is meant for short videos with a personal touch. iMovie is more movie/cinema like. The results of either can be saved back to the Photos app, or shared by other means.

Both iMovie and Clips are Apple apps, and available in the App Store.

If you don’t like the apps mentioned, there are many third party apps with similar capabilites.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one other option.

Adobe Clip:

This app allows you to select some images and video from the Photos app (or other sources) and automatically create a movie. It works fairly well. You’ll need to create an Adobe ID if you don’t already have one. Keep in mind that the way it works, your videos will be uploaded to Adobe’s site by default.

OP
P

perseid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks poet for your comprehensive reply. Will explore Clips and iMovie. Regarding Adobe Clip don't like the idea of videos uploaded to their site, but will try it with some bogus video.
One can always play a Slideshow and have Screen Recording save the slide as a video to Photos, I tried it and it works.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I hadn’t thought of using screen recording to record a slideshow. You could probably do the same thing to preserve some of the Memories if you find one you like. They tend to change.

OP
P

perseid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Clips app, it's useful to create simple fun clips on the go. I explored iMovie, seems to be a bit more sophisticated and linked to Clips too. When I created a movie with Clips and later wanted to edit the saved video I was prompted to use iMovie which I used to trim the video.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. It should be possible to trim a video directly in the Photos app by selecting Edit and then dragging the ends of the film strip at the bottom. Selecting the ... button let you use iMovie’s tools instead (or the tools of any other video editing app allows this type of extention).

You can also trim the individual clips (but not thte whole project) in the Clips app, but other than the Share Sheet’s ‘Copy to iMovie’ I could not find a way to use iMove to edit projects. On the other hand, iMovie’s Videos tab will show all video clips saved in the Photos app.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

Latest posts