What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing e-mail

Hwbkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mysteriously, after I sent an e-mail, everything in my e-mails just disappeared and the in-box does not receive any new ones. I've been unsuccessful in getting the function to work at all. Anyone know what might of caused this and how I might recover them and get the function working again?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's one fix that works in many cases: delete the account from your iPad and reinstall it.

If this doesn't help, you'll need to provide more information:
What did you try to fix your problem? Which account is the one that doesn't work properly (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, ...)? Is it a POP or an IMAP account?

OP
H

Hwbkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt reply. E-mail account is Comcast Xfinity. It works on main PC and on my iPhone. Phone Settings shows Host name as mail.comcast.net. IPad Host name shows IMAP.comcast.net. I've tried to change the iPad host name to "mail" but it defaults back to IMAP

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try deleting the account (Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars) and installing it again afterwards?

OP
H

Hwbkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try deleting the account (Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars) and installing it again afterwards?
I deleted the account and opened it up as a new account. Voila, it works! Thanks for your and others' help.

Most reactions

Latest posts