What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft exchange will not log off

Eppi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I used the exchange server for my work and after having logged off, I closed the window but suddenly changed my mind, re-typed the server URL and hit go. Surprisingly I was in automatically without needs of re-entering username and pw. Any clues of what I am doing wrong? I tried several times and worked again and again in this way.
Thanks
Eppi

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi eppi- by chance did you completely close out of the safari browser than go back in. Or did you still have the browser on when you changed your mind.

I am wondering if you did have it open it still remembered your prior log in.

Curious to see if you closed out of Safari and than tried. Let us know.

OP
E

Eppi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi eppi- by chance did you completely close out of the safari browser than go back in. Or did you still have the browser on when you changed your mind.

I am wondering if you did have it open it still remembered your prior log in.

Curious to see if you closed out of Safari and than tried. Let us know.

Thank you skimonkey, I closed only the tab not the browser, I am sure of this because I tried several times, I'll try close the browser now and let you know
Thanks eppi

OP
E

Eppi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you skimonkey, I closed only the tab not the browser, I am sure of this because I tried several times, I'll try close the browser now and let you know
Thanks eppi

No, did not work either although i confess I am not sure how to fully exit an app
Thanks
eppi

OP
E

Eppi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks eppi

It does work, to be clear it does not let you in skipping the log in, if you quit safari. I found it not good anyway.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for enlighten me,
Eppi

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear that it cleared your log in once you closed out. To do this, you can press the home button to get you back to your home screen. You can also force safari to close by double hitting the home button and long pressing on the Safari app. This will close the app if it is misbehaving or you wanted to free of some RAM.

Most reactions