What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone only recording static

ImBillyOkay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So a couple of days ago my microphone on my iPad was working fine and today it's just started recording static which is really annoying, anybody know anything that I could do? P.s. my iPad is out of warranty, literally a week ago :(

RSMGreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ImBillyOkay said:
So a couple of days ago my microphone on my iPad was working fine and today it's just started recording static which is really annoying, anybody know anything that I could do? P.s. my iPad is out of warranty, literally a week ago :(

I am new hear so this is just a suggestion. Another thread told the person to check the mic for dust and that was the problem. Once cleared the mic worked fine.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had that and the apple store changed it immediately, said it was a known fault. But mine was in warranty

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the vacuum and suck the heck out of the mic for about a minute or so. Seal the best you can between the hose and the iPad edge.

That will fix the microphone issue for sure. It does take minute or so for the fix to work

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some ppl port Siri over to the iPad. FaceTime,Skype and some kid games use the mic

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JayneMR said:
I didnt know there was a mic...where is it?

It's on the top edge of the iPad,half way between the sleep/wake button and the headphone jack.

image-3314519907.jpg

ericdm55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine never did record, but the Genius said "if you yell into it, it works a little, since it's 6mo in use ...no replacement or repair.

ericdm55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My built in mic never worked but I just got a new mic, sticks into the headphone jack. Gets the audio to record but not listen untill the mini jack mic is removed. Not sure how to facebook without audio...

bebbycopa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a help/ suggestion... I just realize right now, I can't record video with sound. All sound I made during recording the video can be take into the video....
Before I change my iOS into iOS 5.1 , my mic worked properly. I use iOS 4.3.4 before, then I decide to change the iOS. I change it in Apple Premium Reseller Store.
Anyone know what's happen with my device?

Most reactions

Latest posts