What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Methods to Repair iOS Without Reinstall

BzowK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Afternoon All -

I've got an iPad 2 Wifi 32gb on 5.01 which is jailbroken. Currently, I'm having a few issues with it to where I'd usually reinstall iOs & the jailbreak, but can't seeing as currently having 5.01 blobs don't allow you to do this + there's no JB for 5.1.

Therefore, I'm trying to find a way to possibly fix these issues without an iOS reinstall.

The Issues I'm Having Are...
- iPad slow / slow to respond to commands when in Springboard - In App seems fine
- Bluetooth in Settings ion greyed out - cannot turn on or off
- Complete reboots take me directly to safe mode. I must then respring to get it 100% up

Fixes I've Thought Of...
- Uninstalling all Cydia apps at once, then reinstalling them
- Using commands in the Reset menu (Reset All Settings, Erase All Content and Settings, etc) Don't know how this would work with jailbroken iPad.

The last thing I want to do is make it worse or to the point where I have no choice but to reinstall iOS. Then, I'd have to go to 5.1 and loose my jailbreak altogether.

Any ideas? Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you are describing is a sure fire sign of an incompatible tweak or app being installed on your iPad. You have either installed a package which is for iPhone only or one which is not designed for 5.0.1.

It is not a good idea to remove them all. You should remove them one by one in the order of the ones you installed or updated most recently. If you list out what you have installed we can likely spot the culprit. Concentrate on anything that is NOT listed in here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Also, do NOT use the "Reset" options ;)

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It is not a good idea to remove them all.

Also, do NOT use the "Reset" options

Two very excellent things I was ready to point out.

Some apps and extensions in Cydia are critical files used to maintain a stable jailbreak and are installed by absinthe when you first do the jailbreak. Removing them can cause crashes or in the case of removing extensions like corona or substrate will completely kill your jailbreak. Only uninstall stuff you know you installed yourself, if you can't remember read the description carefully.

The reset button in the iPad is the iPad's attempt at a wipe. All you'll end up with is a messed up iPad I promise you.

I'd start with tweaks first. They tend to cause more trouble IMO than anything else when just using the iPad and not being in an app.

Most reactions

Latest posts