What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messenger

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lately started using it on my iPad Air 2, iOS 11.
I see the App on the screen but it’s not showing anything marking that l have a message.
If l go to my emails then l get the notification.
Is that how it works?? I don’t see a notification option anywhere.
Thanks in Advance team

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to Settings - Notifications - Messenger and checking that show Icon Badge is switched on.
On the other hand, if you are referring to the native Mail App, it won’t show a number immediately unless you have a "pushed" message.

Last edited:
OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks but none of that works. In the end turns out with messenger open if you press on your face top left, you get various options.
So one has to do it within the App itself.
Anytime you want to talk call me l’m available 24/6 if you’re over 50 and female

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Messenger, the FaceBook app (white and blue icon), or Messages the native iOS app (green and white icon)?

Some of your description makes me thingk of the native app, but other parts seem more like the FaceBook app (mostly the name).

The names are easy to confuse. Make sure you are going to the settings for the right app.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks but it was Messenger the Facebook App never use the green one

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The FaceBook Messenger app’s notificaton badge setting is found under Settings > Messenger > Notifications. As you’ve noticed it is also possible to recieve email notifications for some FaceBook services. I believe those are set somewhere on FaceBook’s site, but have never fiddled with them myself.

4F16CBB7-5520-4417-8E2E-C788E050D381.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts